We are so excited to enter the “social marketing scene,” and dialog with Catholics, converts and non-Catholics about the mysteries of the Catholic Faith.
If you’re like many others, you know that there is an overflowing amount of information about the Catholic Church that you may have never learned before. We’re here to provide you with little insights into our vast deposit of faith. Take time to stop by on a regular basis, and find all the hidden treasures of our beautiful Catholic Faith!
So what is Catholics Come Home (CCH) all about? We thought you might be interested in a brief history of the Catholics Come Home journey that brought us to where we are today…
- 1998: CCH airs evangelization commercials in the Diocese of Phoenix. 3,000 return to the Church.
- 2004: Catholics Come Home purchases Web domains, CatholicsComeHome.org and CatolicosRegresen.org, and decides to launch as a nationwide non-profit apostolate.
- 2007: Filming begins on “Epic,” “Movie,” and “Testimonial” commercials.
- 2008: CCH commercials undergo dial testing. Results reveal that 73 percent of former Catholics, current Catholics, non-Catholics, Protestants, and non-religious praised the commercials. 53 percent said they would be interested in returning to or checking out the Catholic Church after just one viewing of the commercial.
- 2008: CCH Web site is launched and visited by people from all 50 states and 80 foreign countries.
- 2008: (Lent) CCH campaign launched in the Diocese of Phoenix. 92,000 return to the Church.
- 2008: CCH commercials shown at the Papal Mass in Washington, D.C., at the National Prayer Breakfast and on FOX News.
- 2008: CCH awarded “Telly Awards” for “Epic” and “Movie.” Also honored with “W3 Award” for Web site Creative Excellence.
- 2009: (Lent) Diocese of Corpus Christi, Texas launches bilingual CCH campaign. Mass attendance increases by 17.7 percent.
- 2009: CCH wins “Communicator Awards” for “Movie” and “Epic.”
- 2009: CCH honored with “Best Practices Award” by the National Leadership Roundtable.
- 2009: CCH launches new, expanded Web site in preparation for Advent campaigns.
- 2009: (Advent) CCH to launch campaigns in Dioceses of Sacramento (Stockton, Chico-Redding), Colorado Springs (Pueblo), Omaha, Lincoln, Chicago, Rockford, Joliette, and Providence.
- 2010: (Lent) CCH to launch in Seattle and Green Bay.
Have you had time to check out our new CatholicsComeHome.org Web site? If you haven’t…you should! You can learn more about Catholics Come Home and discover many more treasures of the Catholic Faith!